Kerala, popularly known as Lord Himself, has some of the best tourist destinations for any kind of holiday in India. It is a land of coconuts, backwaters, elephants and rich cultures and traditions, and is one of the most sought after places by travelers around the world.
It is without doubt one of the most beautiful places on earth and that is why it is called ‘Gods own Country’. Cutting through the splendid rolling hill tea gardens in the Western Ghats along the Malabar coast as well as through the vast grasslands of the magnificent valleys, the landscape of Kerala is almost as diverse as the culture and history of its people and the people of Kerala . A major factor in attracting tourists is if you are planning to travel to Kerala, it is a selection of the best places to visit in Kerala owned by holiday experts.
Kerala is one of the most awesome tourist destinations in the world and that is why it is called ‘God of Own Country’. Kerala has some of the best destinations in the world for any type of family holiday or vacation or honeymoon. Kerala’s tourist destination is an amalgamation of rich cultures, traditions and folk dances and is also a land of elephants, coconuts, backwaters and unique local cuisine.
Here are the list of Top 10 Interesting Facts of Kerala
10. Kerala, a state that that is South most part of India. The people here are known as Keralian The people of Kerala talk Malayalam and is know as malayalee Kerala is located in between the Arabian Sea and the Western Ghats located in the west The length of Kerala’s coast is 580 km long. Kerala has come in 14 districts High hill areas, valleys and deep cut slopes are also in Kerala The coastal belt of Kerala is relatively flat here is the cultivation of paddy fields and coconut trees., a state that that is South most part of India. The people here are known as Keralian The people of Kerala talk Malayalam and is know as malayalee Kerala is located in between the Arabian Sea and the Western Ghats located in the west The length of Kerala’s coast is 580 km long. Kerala has come in 14 districts High hill areas, valleys and deep cut slopes are also in Kerala The coastal belt of Kerala is relatively flat here is the cultivation of paddy fields and coconut trees.
9. Kerala is only and first state in India where communist party is choose by people in democracy. It is possible only due to the democratic system of India Here, the national political party, like the Bharatiya Janata Party the Indian National Congress, has become the claimant and BJP was only voted once. Kerala is famous of its sincere politics by people.
8. Kerala is not also behind in movies Popularly known as Kerala Film Industry or Mollywood or Malayalam film industry. Mostly the cinema production, making,studio works are mostly done in Kochi and trivandrum and also the post productions facilities are available My Dear Kuttichathan was India’s first 3D movie, which was a Malayalam movie. Amma Arian was India’s first film which was made from money collected from the public. Malayalam actor Prem Nazir, who caputred the world title for acting in the 720 movies.
7 . Onam is a big festival celebrated in Kerala. Onam is celebrated in Kerala like the national festival. This festival of Kerala is celebrated without the discrimination of any religion, which shows the unity to the world by this festival. Onam is a harvest festival. It has been because accepted only by the policy which are adopted by Kerala Kerala is also the place where most festival are celebrated across Bharath.
6. Kerala is also quite popular due to its natural wealth Kerala National Geographic has been nominated for “The World’s top 10 Heaven”. Because of this, Kerala is also quite popular There are about 44 rivers which flow across Kerala. This river network comprises of natural and man-made Seas and lakes also included in the network. Kerala is famous for its backwaters, hilly terrains, lakes, gardens and ponds. Several wildlife sanctuaries and mountainous areas are also present in Kerala.
5.Kerala is home to many renowned temples Sabarimala Shri Ayyappa, which is situated on the hill of Western Ghats. This temple opens during two major festivals such as Mandal Puja and Makar Sankranti Pooja. This temple is mostly visited by men. People of any religion can enter this temple Atukal Thiruvananthapuram is also such a mandir which is dedicated to the incarnation of goddess Parvati or goddess kanaki. Here the temple has been smuggled into the Guinness Book of World Records for organizing the largest gathering of women for religious activities. The Padmanabhaswamy temple is also one of the most popular temples in Kerala which is known throughout the world for its architectural superiority, The best time to visit this temple is October/November. Kerala is the most literate province of India.
4. Literacy rate is 93.91%. On the other hand, Kerala is the first state in the country to receive 100% primary education. Kerala has the highest sex ratio, i.e. Kerala has 1084 women per 1000 men. i.e. Kerala has 1084 women per 1000 men. Kerala is the only state in India which has more women than men At 10 deaths per 1000 live births, Kerala is the most child-friendly state! Hindustan is the fourth largest natural.
3. Rubber producing country in the world In which Kerala’s share is more than 91% The rubber plantation in Kerala state of India is leading the state. Most of the state of Kerala is growing rubber in Malanadu and Idanadu areas. The rubber was brought to India during British rule. Rubber is specially produced in most mountainous areas of Kerala. North Kerala region is concentrating on rubber plantation.
2.Kottayam is the leading producer of rubber. Therefore this area is also known as ‘Land of latex’ There were different reasons for the days of Kerala to be holiday or hartal such as political economic and social because of the problems that arose. In the recent times, there has been an annual increase of 100 hartals in the state The state government of Kerala has had to suffer lakhs of rupees because of these hartals. Between 2005 and 2012, due to political fi ghts more than 363 persons were killed by different parties Because of the hardships, Kerala has industrial unrest and the maximum expenditure on human time.
1.Kerala is considered to be home to many performing arts. There are five classical dance forms Kathakali, MohiniAttam, Kudiyatom, Thullal and Krishnanamatham. This art has been displays in the temple theater during the classical period in the preservation of princely houses Kathakali visual is the best performance and played in the festivals in temples. Various symbols are represented in the hand gesturs Alongside with kathakali there is another art. Nangyar Kuthu is a traditional art form of Kerala In total it is more than 1500 years old. Nangyar Kuthu is a female domination art form and it has everything to entertain the audience.
People Also like to Read about chennai…..